Monday, July 9, 2007

The Shadow

Sometimes the things I did, under the cover of dark, the people I met there,
I would think no one could see them
But maybe I was wrong…
So I go back to the dark, to see if they are still there
Don’t know what am I scared of more, is it to see their faces in the dark
or to find no one there…

I used to share my secrets with the ones in dark, often I cried, thought never the light would see my tears
Wasn’t so sure, if those who live in the light would let me walk with them, if they knew of my secrets
I would walk facing the ground…

But now I feel, the light knew about me all this while, more I tried to hide, more it saw clearly. Now I know, darkness walks with me in the light, talks to the light of the tears I hide behind my fake smile, looks at those of the light who I wish to know more than myself and still try to avoid them…

So, I go back and scream at those in the dark. “Are you still chasing me in the light? Are you hiding inside my shadow?...”

No comments: