Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Words

“So, where have you been these days?” I asked. “Everywhere”, he said. “Sometimes, I almost reach there, but before I know of it, I am just lost”, he went on. I then thought to myself, does he really know where he has to go? I thought of asking him first, but I just didn’t ask him… But then he continued, I felt like he somehow was answering the questions I had, or was he just adding some more of them to my list…

“You know, sometimes I really don’t care, what I am going to do, when I reach there, but I just want to get there, before… before getting called back…”, he sighed. “I even remember those times, when some guys, who were not true enough, or… or rather were some made-up-for-the-occasion kind of fellows, being pushed, and I bet they reached there.” I felt like asking him, why he doesn’t go back and ask, that why wasn’t he sent. But I just nodded. I was afraid, maybe he would really try that, and it would all just come back to me…

“So all you guys, what do you do, if you reach there?” I asked. “I am not so sure, but there’s a way it is all supposed to work… Usually if a group of guys makes it there, the other group in the line gets ready… it’s like, if you were not on the list for the first time, you may never get a chance to go there. But that possibility is not like totally denied, the kind of guys coming from the other side can make the list to change. Guess what, sometimes the guys coming from there actually tell, who needs to be there on the list, but as I said before, those deserving fellows don’t just get the chance…” He said, and he went on again “Once you reach there!! Wow!! It’s a new place, a new work, especially if no one who bears the same name as yours, and has been there before, wow, that can create a whole new universe of possibilities!!”

Then suddenly, I don’t know, maybe I just didn’t think of the consequences this one time, I just shot it at him as soon as it came to me, “So how does it feel like, to be a word?”
I waited long enough for his answer, but I never heard it nor could I even meet him after that, may be his answer was just called off or may be he reached where he really wanted to be…

No comments: